There are five key reasons why selling your home during the holiday season is a great idea. Learn what they are here.
Even though most sellers prefer to list their home in the spring market, there are five reasons that make a holiday home sale an attractive idea:
1. Better buyers. People looking for homes during the holidays are on a mission. They’ve got a lot of things going on in life, as we all do around the holidays. So the buyers in the market are very serious about purchasing a home.
2. Lower inventory. One of the benefits of selling during the holidays is that there are fewer homes on the market to compete with. This, in turn, means you could get more money from your home.
3. Beat the rush. Come January, the market will start returning to normal, meaning that more homes will be listed and you’ll have more competition.
4. Better showings. Can you imagine a better time to look at a home and imagine yourself living there with your family than when Christmas trees and holiday tables are set up? Celebrating the holidays is one of the first things that buyers think of when they consider whether a home would be good for them.
5. Better availability. People typically have more time off around the holidays, so they’ll have more time to look at your home and complete the purchase before the year’s end.
Hopefully, this helps dispel some of the myths you might have believed about selling a home during the holiday season. If we can help you or someone you know with your home sale, please reach out to us. We’d love to be of service. In the meantime, have a wonderful holiday season!