There are five main reasons why the holidays are a great time to sell.
With the holiday season underway, here are the top five reasons now is a great time to consider putting your home on the market:
1. Lack of competition. We’ve been in an extreme seller’s market with low inventory in the Triangle area for about two years, and as the holiday season revs up, inventory is even lower. That means you can make your home stand out to more buyers, which gives you a strong chance of selling quickly and for more money. Speaking of…
2. Winter sales are often quick and profitable. If you’re afraid that frosty weather will adversely impact the housing market, you can breathe easy. According to my research, you have a 65% higher chance of selling in winter than any other season. On top of that, homes that sell between December 31 and March 21 sell closest to their original list price and spend the fewest days on market.
3. Flexible schedules. Between Thanksgiving and the start of the new year, most of us have more time off, which means buyers can look at homes at more conventional times instead of just during weekday evenings and weekends. This generally leads to a more pleasant home selling experience for you.
4. Decorated homes show better. There’s nothing like that feeling you get when you walk into a home that’s tastefully decorated for the holidays. The emotional reaction that this type of scene elicits from buyers is simply amazing. They’ll be able to visualize their family creating holiday memories. In other words, they’ll be able to visualize home.
5. Taxes and relocations. At the end of the year, there are typically more relocations to our marketplace and buyers looking to take advantage of tax breaks. As far as relocations go, employers need their employees to be ready to roll in January, so those employees will be buying in December. When it comes to tax breaks, year-end real estate transactions offer plenty of these that buyers can take advantage of.
If you’re ready to take advantage of the holiday market or have any real estate needs I can assist with, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d be happy to help.